Why is it that every time friends and family come to Austin, I find myself on a Mexican and BBQ food tour? All the sudden I'm eating the famous cookie from "so and so's", and before I know it, I feel like I've sabotaged all my hard work for the week. Finally, I had to draw the (County) Line <--- that's a BBQ joke for you. I've created this list of healthy things to do and places to eat so you can save yourself the diet sabotage of the dreaded family visits!
- Barton Springs: even if it's too cold to swim, it's super cheap and fun just to go look at it.
- Bowling but you should refuse to wear the shoes.. for so many reasons.
- If they're into crafts, check out these workshops.
- Town Lake: I always take people here to walk the lake with a juice, stand up paddle board, or see the bats.
- Thai Fresh for dessert (all gluten/dairy free... still lots of sugar but a completely improved choice)
- Movies: Alamo obvi (get the Turkish tea - it's good, they give you a teapot and you can still get the hand to mouth motion during the movie. If you want a free meal, eat at a restaurant afterward so you're not eating in the dark!); Violet Crown (nice small popcorns!), or the Blue Starlite (drive-in in south Austin -- super fun, lots of classic movies, BYO snacks and drinks so the ball is in your court!)
- Hiking (Google this - there are a million trail entrances that are fun and easy)
Thinly Sliced Sirloin with Cooked Spinach and Arugula Salad - I don’t have a recipe for this I’m just going to wing it. I’m going to ask the people at the meat counter at Whole Foods to slice the sirloin for me so it’s an easy cook and serve.
Chicken Stew Provencal - I made some modifications to this recipe. I used gluten free flour, added red potatoes to the crockpot and am going to serve it with a side of cauliflower.
Seek True Health Wisdom
Start your path to outstanding digestion, permanent weight loss and the right diet for YOU.
My story is probably very similar to yours. I wasn’t happy with my body, but I was addicted to sugar and overeating. I was constantly stressed, worried and anxious, but I couldn’t control the voice in my head. I wanted to make changes, but I was stuck in patterns that seemed to control me...