The Ultimate Retaliation to V-Day
February 14, 2023
With Valentine’s Day upon us I thought it would be fitting to share the story about the time I tried to manifest the partner of my dreams… and it blew up in my face.
Watch the video here:
Whether you’re in the best relationship or single and ready to mingle, the most important relationship you'll ever have is with yourself, and it's high time you started prioritizing it!
If you watched the video above, you learned that you will have to date yourself for the rest of your life. Let’s turn up the romance, shall we?
Here are some ideas to help take your (self) r’ship to the next level:
- Practice self-reflection: Regularly take time to reflect on your thoughts, feelings, and actions. This can help you better understand yourself and identify areas for growth. I like to do this through journaling and walks in nature without distraction.
- Set Boundaries: Just like in any relationship, setting boundaries is key. Decide what you will and won't tolerate in your relationship with yourself and stick to them. No more negative self-talk, no more putting yourself last, it’s time to prioritize self-care and self-love.
- Indulge in Self-Care: Think about whatever it takes to relax and recharge your batteries. Remember, taking care of yourself is the foundation of a strong relationship with yourself.
- Get Out of Your Comfort Zone: Trying new things is a great way to learn more about yourself and grow as a person. Whether it’s trying new cuisine, taking a dance class, or exploring a new city, stepping outside of your comfort zone will bring you closer to the person you want to be.
- Communication is Key: Don’t be afraid to talk to yourself and acknowledge your thoughts and feelings. Having an open and honest dialogue with yourself can help you understand your needs, identify any patterns or behaviors that may be holding you back, and work towards personal growth.
- Seek support: Building a strong support system can help you navigate challenges and maintain positive relationships with yourself and others. This can include seeking the help of a therapist, an energy healer, or an amazing nutrition and self-development coach such as yours truly!
- Celebrate your successes: Take the time to acknowledge and celebrate your accomplishments, no matter how big or small they may be. This can help boost your self-esteem and reinforce a positive relationship with yourself.
In conclusion, all of us are in a relationship with ourselves. It’s time to assess whether you have been a great partner or need a small kick in the tush.
Happy Valentine’s day to you and yourself! xo