Being healthy requires an immense amount of discipline. Batch cooking, hydration, exercise, sleep patterns… there’s a lot to keep track of. I’m pretty obsessive when it comes to charting because I learned that “you can’t manage what you don’t measure.”
If you are having trouble keeping it all together, try out some of my favorite health apps!
If you have any favs that aren’t on this list, email me and let me know! I’m always on the hunt to make life a little more streamlined.
- STREAKS - The To-Do List that helps you form good habits. Choose up to six tasks that you want to turn into daily habits. This is a great way to notice patterns. For example, I noticed that I was skipping my weekend meditations. I figured out what was causing it (a shitty story, of course) and fixed the behavior.
- HABIT LIST - This does the same exact thing as Streaks but it’s a different interface. After using Streaks for a year, I use this one now and like it better. It just comes down to visual preference.
- MEALIME - Healthy and personalized meal plans for busy people. Simple meals ready in under 30 minutes, organized grocery lists with minimal food waste and 120 diet personalization options. If you don’t like Googling recipes this is a great way to have it all in one place.
- INSTACART - Get your groceries delivered when you want them, in as little as one hour. It’s easy, fast and affordable. If you're new to Instacart, use our code "HEALTHYNW!" for a month’s worth of free delivery (or use your work address)!
- ZERO - A simple fasting tracker used for intermittent, 5:2 and circadian rhythm fasting. Pick from popular fasting programs or create your own custom fast. I’m a fan of aiming for a 13 hour fast each night and this app helps me track my eating window. I’ll write you more on this in a separate email so you can see if this type of eating is right for you!
- WHOLE FOODS MARKET - Find digital coupons for big savings, browse and save recipes, see sales, create shopping lists and get groceries delivered (via Instacart). Each week I use the “spend $20 on produce, get $5 off” coupon. I’ll take that $5 back, thank you very much.
- HEADSPACE - Guided meditation and mindfulness for all levels (great for beginners to meditation as you can learn in just 10 minutes a day). Another great app for this is BUDDHIFY.
- SEAFOOD WATCH - Fish is so confusing. This app helps you choose ocean-friendly seafood at your favorite restaurants and stores. Learn more about the seafood you eat and locate businesses that serve sustainable seafood. Also, educate yourself with my blog about safe fish.
- SWEAT WITH KAYLA - I am fully obsessed with this workout app!! I’ve been using it for almost a year and have seen a big change in my body. Each week, you get three 28-minute resistance workouts, cardio suggestions, and recovery exercises. It keeps me on track and I don’t have to think. I just show up and do what the app tells me. She offers a free week, it’s worth a try.